How to find a Grid Reference (easily!)
Firstly the grid reference for Corfe Mullen will always start with an SY and will have 8 figures in total (eg SY 345 809)
I have found that the easiest way to find a grid reference online is to go to MultiMap and reading off the grid reference at the bottom of the page. To do this follow these instructions:
- Click on the following link to MultiMap
- This will show you a road map of Corfe Mullen (and the surrounding area).
- You will see three button on the left of the map - Map, Aerial, Hybrid. If you click on Hybrid it will give you an Aerial view of Corfe Mullen and a Road Map (as you move your cursor over the map).
- To go in closer, just click on the + (plus) and - (minus) button on the right of the map, and to move left/right or up/down click on the arrows above these.
- Now... the interesting bit.
- Once you have found on the map where you made your sighting, and have gone in really close (to be as accurate as possible), right click with your mouse over the sighting area, that will bring up some directions. One of these says "place red circle here".
- Click on this to move the red circle over the area where you made your sighting.
- Now scroll down the page, and underneath the map you will find an area that gives you "Map Information". One of these is the Grid Ref.
- So now you have the Grid Reference for your sighting.
- Any problems, just email me!